We're Canadian which means we have 6 long months of winter, and not nearly enough lake days to enjoy. For us, here at Nuggles, that means taking a week off to catch a flight for sunshine and beaches.
You might be wondering, but I have a baby. And we're going to tell you that traveling with a baby is worth it. It's always going to be a challenge traveling with kids. Each age stage brings a new and unique perspective and level of difficulty. Start traveling when it works for you and your family.
Consider Packing This
- Baby Carrier - take your choice of structured carrier, soft structure, ring sling, woven wrap, or other design, because a baby carrier is our go-to choice for keeping little one's feeling calm and safe. It's also excellent for running through airports.
- Muslin Blankets - this multipurpose blanket can be anything you need it to be. It can be a shade cover on a hot day, it can be a blanket on a cold day, it can be change pad, a burp cloth, a nursing cover, or an extra change of clothes.
- Swim Diapers - choose washable and save luggage space. We might recommend 2-3 reusable swim diapers for the most serious beach goers. This ensures you've always got one ready, but don't fret, just one works too. Swim diapers wash up easy with a little soap and a squeeze in the bathroom sink. Let them hang to dry within a few hours. Bonus: swim diapers take up very little suitcase space and fit babies 8-35lbs!
Sun Protection - don't forget a hat, or two, sunscreen, sunglasses, and UV clothing. Consider the benefit of clothing over sunscreen in keeping baby's skin safe. There are many great UV suits on the market right now. We are smitten with the one piece suit from Honey Suckle Swim.
- Toy Trucks & Collapsing Toys - all kids love toys with wheels. A few small toy trucks packed in your bag, and maybe inflatable floaties, if you have room, sneak in a shovel or two? Or check if your resort or hotel offers them for guests, remembering a bored baby is a cranky baby.
- Hooded Beach Towel - great for at home, and at the beach, a hooded towel is bound to keep the tiniest of kids cozy and happy after a swim or bath play. We can't help but loves these Canadian made ones from Oko Creations.
Just because you have kids, doesn't mean you need to stop vacationing.
Let the vacation continues, and we will fill you in on our beach vacations over in the Nuggles Chat Group.
Looking for more?
Here's our recommendations of what to pack to the pool with your baby with a few more ideas for your beach vacation list.
Bailey is a mom of two young and wild children living in the cold tundra of Northern BC. She fell in love with cloth diapering where she continues her passion here at Nuggles as the Director of Happiness. Bailey loves social media, chewy candies, and chasing waterfalls.