This weekend we announced that you can now purchase the Nuggles Simplee WITHOUT inserts. The Nuggles Simplee Shells allow you to customize your cloth diaper.
This means that you can now choose what you use with your diaper. We know that once you find an insert that works, you want to keep using it. And while the Nuggles Simplee Bamboo Inserts are incredibly absorbent, they might not be the best choice for you. We get that.
Now you have options!
What Can I Use in A Nuggles Simplee Shell?
- Simplee Bamboo Inserts - these absorbent 2-ply bamboo inserts come in a set of two. The Simplee Inserts snap together and are made of bamboo-terry cloth. As a simple 2-ply insert, they wash up easily and dry quickly. The Simplee Bamboo Insert offers approximately 8-9 oz of absorbency.
- BambooLUXE Prefolds - available in two sizes and two weights (2ply or 3ply) the Nuggles BambooLUXE prefold is made in Canada from premium bamboo/cotton terrycloth. Simply fold the prefold and use it in the pocket or on top of the diaper. The BambooLUXE Prefold offers 8 oz to 15 oz of absorbency depending on size.
- Repurposed Material - repurposing old cotton shirts, natural fibre kitchen or bath towels, cotton sheets, or other absorbent material from your home can give you a budget-friendly (cheap) cloth diaper insert. This is a great way to reduce the cost of cloth diapering. Repurposed materials can be cut into large squares that are then pad folded and used as an insert in or on top of the diaper. Absorbency varies from products.
- Flats - flat diapers are simple one layer material that are easy to wash and dry and in come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and quality. Many families like to use flat diapers because of the simplicity of wash day - if you have to hand wash only they can be a great resource. Flats vary in absorbency from 8 oz to 15 oz, and more.
- Other Prefolds - we know that we aren't the only ones making prefolds. If you have a well-loved stash of prefolds but just need to update your cloth diaper shell or system, then mix and match with our Nuggles Simplee Shell. It is both a pocket and a cloth diaper cover.
- Other Inserts - The Nuggles Simplee will work with most other inserts. Despite it's narrow 5.5-6" crotch width, most standard microfibre, bamboo, and hemp inserts will fit into the diaper. There may be exceptions.
Where do I put the inserts?
The Nuggles Simplee can be used as a pocket cloth diaper or as a cloth diaper cover. This makes it a unique All-in-Two diaper. We've been seeing the term "cloth diaper shell" being used by more and more brands as a way to encourage cloth diaper users to use cloth diapers in a way that works for you.
That means that you can use the Nuggles Simplee as a simple pocket cloth diaper - simply customize the insert for the best cloth diapering experience you need.
Or you can use it as a cloth diaper cover by placing an insert on top of the fleece liner. Simply swap out the insert and reuse the diaper shell between changes. As long as the fleece remains unsoiled, you are good to go. Many families will get upwards of 3 uses out of a shell before tossing it in the laundry basket.
We can't wait for you to add the Nuggles Simplee to your stash!
Bailey is a mom of two young and wild children living in the cold tundra of Northern BC. She fell in love with cloth diapering where she continues her passion here at Nuggles as the Director of Happiness. Bailey loves social media, chewy candies, and chasing waterfalls.